Sometime around New Year I make a small summary of what happened in my life. It helps me close the passing year and leave it all in the past.
It is an egotistical and self-indulgent thing to do and thank you for joining in.
Thus, this 2014 year:
- I had one In Vitro fertilization and two artificial inseminations to no avail; next one on the horizon this spring
- War in Ukraine happened and I still feel very sympathetic towards Ukrainians and very angry towards Putin
- Sherlock 3 happened; it was fine and magnificent, and we had Sherlock party to celebrate it
- I got cured of my Cumberbatchism; I don’t know, maybe he’s just too popular for me now
- I started new job in an NGO working as a disability expert
- I took part in TV show “What, When, Where” and sat prettily without really contributing anything
- Orthan Pamuk visited Georgia and we stalked him and obtained his autograph
- I started second job – am now counselling at the clinic and welcoming anyone who wants to talk in a safe, confidential environment
- I went to Lviv for training, gained many new friends and toured such a nice, cute, little city
- Hubby surprised me with a trip to Cappadocia and it was absolutely amazing; I felt like I was walking on moon
- I generally went to lots of clubs and spent many nights dancing till dawn
- I directed and performed in Eve Ensler’s Vagina Monologues
- I went to the damned and cursed Kazantip and it proved to be lot more moral than I hoped it would be
- I have finished the first step (it took 1.5 years) in my Gestalt therapy training
- I translated many, many documents
- I conducted many, many trainings
All in all, this year brought interesting career developments (I am still trying to navigate in the unknown world of therapy market), it contained a lot of reproductive interventions and when I was not working or getting injected with reproductive shit, I was partying.
Sounds like I just graduated from college.
The pic: Caucasus mountains in Imereti. The winter is coming.